Originally built in 2015 and located in the heart of Greektown, the luxury high-rise interiors were lacking the artistic energy and residential warmth prospective West Loop residents desired. The interior refresh of Arkadia was achieved by melding spunky colors, playful patterns, and unexpected use of scale.
Client: CA Residential
Type: Market-Rate / High-Rise
Size: 33-story, 350 units, 26,463 SF of amenity space
A New West Loop Destination
Throughout the fifth-floor amenity spaces, a warm wood-tone floor is contrasted with graphic elements and accents of color. In the party room, a floral rug and rich walnut wood tones are juxtaposed with graphic black and white concrete tiles on both the floor and wall that will endure a beautiful patina over time. This same black and white floor tile is a repeating element in the game room where residents can enjoy a variety of games including billiards, board games, and a giant wall Scrabble game. A colorful, abstract watercolor graphic draws residents to the fireplace lounge and out to the newly outfitted roof deck.
Playing off of the lobby’s dramatic scale, vibrant color and bold graphics are contrasted with warm wood tones to create a sophisticated welcome to the property. Greenery is layered throughout the spaces by way of indoor planters and a moss feature wall that dances its way up the lobby’s main staircase. Patterns of varying scale are paired throughout to create quirky and visually stimulating spaces for residents to relax, work, and mingle.
- Outdoor sundeck with lounge seating, fire pit and private outdoor dining niches with grills
- Outdoor resort-inspired swimming pool and hot tub
- Fitness center featuring cardio and strength training
- Fireplace & media lounge
- Resident party room with chef’s kitchen
- Game room with billiards table and 60” television
- Technology lounge with complimentary coffee bar
- Business center
- 24/7 onsite micro market with food & beverage options
- Private dog run and grooming station